Tuesday, May 6, 2014

closure.

I would like this to be the graduation day post to what felt like an eternity of boy-crazy shenanigans in suite K. Channeling my inner class president, i feel the need to raise a virtual glass and say
here's to us!
cheers to love...
..and all the times that we messed up.

we are warriors in the game we make of love
but each time we come out with a band-aid over our hearts
i promise you we get a little bit stronger (and hotter)

I can look back at the
all-nighters and "study sessions"
sexiled nights and walks of shame
with a kind of nostalgia.

I know nostalgia often gets capped off as a negative emotion
but it can also serve us well

I am always glad, very glad,
that i didn't in any way pollute that feeling i felt towards Jake
i may fall lower, someday.
who knows?

"I may perish altogether, I may sell all I have, become filthy and diseased, but this jewel, no, not jewel, but ray of sunshine, yes - will always be within me, always with me"

and for that

I am eternally grateful.

xoxo,
Ms. Angie Segura



No comments:

Post a Comment