Saturday, November 22, 2014

#FlauntFallFavorites: Lace & Leather

Lately I've been looking to the past for daily style tips in hopes of drawing unique inspiration from the greats such as Audrey Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor, and Marilyn Monroe. I purchased Cally Blackman's 100 Years of Fashion at the start of my freshman year of college, and I must admit it is the main reason why I have managed to keep my style classy and chic while constantly on the go.
 "a girl should be two things, classy & fabulous"


I have found that both Lace and Leather have been two prevalent looks throughout the late 19th and early 20th centuries. After seeing all of The Flaunt Shop's most popular items, it isn't difficult to see why.
Lace is classic and feminine, while Leather is bold and edgy - and together they can transform your daily look with minimal effort and the most fabulous results   ;)
here are my #FlauntFallFavorites


Leatherette Leggings

I just got these in the mail last week and received a record amount of compliments. These leggings serve a similar function as your everyday black leggings, except with an edgy twist! Leather is for the bold and confident, I challenge you to give these a try!

High-Waisted Leatherette Skirt

I love the versatility of this one, the fact that it's leather makes it trendy and badass in my opinion - I can't imagine a scenario where wearing this skirt would be a bad idea,
Cocktails with the girls? Dinner with the fam? Business meeting? Job interview? Date Night? it all works.




This Kandice Jacket is absolutely STUNNING. Show Stopping, without a doubt.
If you’re nervous about testing the waters with leather, try dipping your toes in lace first! I am one of the biggest girly girls you will ever meet, so lace seems like a no brainer to me. But if you have yet to fall in love with lace, and you're wondering how to incorporate it into your daily wardrobe without seeming overly dressed up, I'd say detailing is the perfect way to compromise. Go for a loose chic top with lace patterns across the shoulders or on the sleeves, like this over the shoulder Anabelle Lace Top in black, ivory, and coral <3 <3 <3




I’d wear this fabulous top with my usual skinny jeans and a pair of pointed-toe flats for a more casual look, and dress it up with a leggings and heels . 

And last but definitely not least, this gorgeous MADE TO LOVE dress!
In order to create the image of the fatal woman, you will need to pair some black lace with stiletto black heels.


How will you flaunt it in lace & leather this holiday season?

xoxo 
@msangiesegura



No comments:

Post a Comment